The closing date for comments on our draft constitution of 14 January 2022 has now passed. Thank you to everyone who has shared their views and comments. The feedback has been considered and where appropriate incorporated within the latest draft of the constitution. This will be discussed at the West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership Board on 1 March 2022. This link will take you to the approprate Board Paper.
This link will take you to the report on engagement including feedback received and actions taken.
The West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (ICB) is a new organisation that will start work in July 2022. Although it is a new organisation, it replaces Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and will build on successful work by all our health and care organisations, including the CCGs over the last five years.
The ICB will be led by our Chair-Designate, Cathy Elliott, and a Chief Executive. Its role will be to join up health and care services, improve people’s health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities. The ICB will oversee how money is spent and make sure that health services work well and are of high quality. It will bring together hospitals and community providers, primary care, local councils, hospices, voluntary community, and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations and Healthwatch partners in our local places: Bradford District and Craven, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds and Wakefield.
The ICB constitution is an important document that sets out what the ICB will do and how it will work. This page sets out some of the most important things in the constitution.
- West Yorkshire draft Integrated Care Board constitution (PDF)
- West Yorkshire draft Integrated Care Board constitution (accessible, text-only Microsoft Word version, to download)
- Summary plain text version of the draft Integrated Care Board Constitution
- Summary of the draft Integrated Care Board Constitution (Easy Read web page)
- Summary of the draft Integrated Care Board Constitution (Easy Read, PDF)
- West Yorkshire draft Integrated Care Board Constitution (BSL video)