Responsibilities of the Chair
- Facilitate the discussions at meetings and ensure all members views are listened to and heard.
- Update the Integrated Stroke Delivery Network board on the outcomes of the stroke patient and carer assurance group meetings.
- Update the patient and carer assurance group on the actions of the Integrated Stroke Delivery Network stroke board.
- Invite members of the Integrated Stroke Delivery Network board to the stroke patient and carer assurance group as and when appropriate. This will enable the group to keep up to date with developments in all areas of the Integrated Stroke Delivery Network’s work and to enable the group to review ongoing work plans and proposals.
- Inform and support where necessary the Integrated Stroke Delivery Network Manager and Clinical Lead in relation to engaging the wider community of people affected by stroke in the work of the Integrated Stroke Delivery Network.
- Participate in the recruitment of patient and carer representatives as necessary, including being a member of an interview / introductory panel.
Responsibilities of the Deputy-Chair
- To fulfil the above responsibilities in the absence of the Chair.
Chair and Deputy-Chair roles
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience of stroke; this could be personal experience or through supporting a family member/friend
- Have an awareness of the health and social care system and have an appreciation of the complexity of working across organisational boundaries and joint working
- Are able to listen closely and learn from other stroke survivors and carers, their questions and comments
- Have the ability to distinguish between personal views and those of other people affected by stroke
- Are interested in improving health care
- Can read and absorb complex information (with support if needed)
- Can confidently participate in group discussions, and listen to and respect differing opinions
- Are willing to learn and ask for help
- Are willing to promote equality of opportunity and take every opportunity to eliminate discrimination.
- Are comfortable with asking questions and being asked questions
- Live within West Yorkshire and Harrogate.