Welcome to The Fellowship Programme (formerly known as The BAME Fellowship)
In March 2020, the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Partnership Board approved recommendations from the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Race Equality Network in the following key areas and formalised the Network as an oversight group.
- Talent, retention and culture
- Recruitment, selection and succession planning
- Measurement and impact
Following these recommendations, the Network and the West Yorkshire and Harrogate System Leadership and Development Programme developed a leadership development programme focused on ethnic minorities. This new programme builds on existing good practice and complements existing local and regional programmes to make sure that we have adequate representation of ethnic minority colleagues in our next generation of leaders.
Fellowship overall objectives
- Prepare future systems leaders
- Foster effective cross-functional working
- Increase the sphere of influence across the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and care Partnership senior leadership
- Add value through enhancement of diversity of conversations
- Provide senior leaders with an insight into West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership working
- Support systems succession planning and work in collaboration with other programmes across the patch to develop a regional and joined up approach to talent
- Provide additional input and insight into existing systems issues
- Enable senior leaders to establish and run a properly constituted Shadow Systems Executive
The fellowship is made up of three leadership development streams to enable participants at different stages within their careers to progress to the next stage. It is open to our entire workforce from all job sectors. This includes local authorities, social care, the voluntary and community sector and the NHS (clinical and non-clinical) for those who are looking to develop into senior system leaders and directors.
Aimed at experienced leaders who were looking to bridge practical experience gaps coupled with strategic board level, system leadership development that has proved a barrier to career progression in the past.
Details and resources for the Senior Placement programme here.
This accredited development programme is aimed at leaders looking to progress into a senior system leadership role combined with strategic board development.
Full details about the High Potential 2 programme and your step-by-step application here.
This accredited development programme is aimed at those developing their leadership and management capability, to understand how to implement strategy by generating options in response to organisational challenges and opportunities. Full details about the High Potential 1 programme and your step-by-step application will follow shortly.