In 2020, before the first COVID-19 pandemic, West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership published a five-year plan, ‘Better health and wellbeing for everyone’.
As a result of the passing of the Health and Care Act 2022, there is a requirement for each integrated care partnership (which we call our ‘Partnership Board’) to produce an Integrated Care Strategy to set the direction for health and care services across the whole integrated care system (we are also known as West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership) including how NHS services, local councils, voluntary community social enterprise organisations, hospices and Healthwatch can deliver more joined-up, preventative and person-centred care for people and communities.
Due to this requirement, we have been refreshing our 2020 five-year strategy to ensure that it reflects the needs of the 2.4 million people living within the West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership area. This will be published in Spring 2023. An early draft of this is now available to read:
- Draft West Yorkshire Integrated Care Strategy and paper presented to the Partnership Board on 7 March 2023 (pdf)
- Draft West Yorkshire Integrated Care Strategy (accessible web page version)
- Read an Easy Read version about the work we are doing on the strategy and plan
- Easy Read questions and answers about the development of the strategy and plan
- Joint Forward Plan consultation report
- Joint Forward Plan consultation feedback infographic
- Plain text version of the infographic
The delivery of the NHS elements of our Integrated Care Strategy will be accountable to the NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board, via its Joint Forward Plan. The Integrated Care Strategy has been produced in partnership with colleagues working across West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership. You can read about what this has involved here.
We have consulted on how we deliver our Integrated Care Strategy through the Joint Forward Plan as part of working with people and communities and as set out in our involvement framework.
Contact your local Healthwatch
Telephone: 0300 5610 987 between 10am and 4pm (Monday to Friday)
Healthwatch North Yorkshire (for Craven)
Telephone: 01423 788128
Telephone: 01422 412141
Telephone: 0113 898 0035
Textphone: 07717 309 843
Telephone: 01924 450 379
Telephone: 01924 787 379
Textphone: 07885 913396
Local NHS engagement contacts
The contacts for local NHS engagement coleagues are:
- Guidance from NHS England on developing the joint forward plan. The guidance sets out that as an integrated care board we have a duty to involve people on the integrated cate strategy. Under the health and care act we are required to consult on the NHS component parts of the delivery of this strategy which comes under the production of a joint forward plan. This will be more policy consultation rather than service reconfiguration. We need to demonstrate how we have consulted local health and wellbeing boards, overview scrutiny committees etc on the development and production of the joint forward plan. The guidance sets out that we need to publish the joint forward plan by the 30 June.
- Joint Forward Plan Mid-consultation report - January 2023
- NHS England Working in Partnership with People and Communities statutory guidance
- West Yorkshire Involving local people and communities on our five-year plan refresh
- West Yorkshire Involvement Framework
- West Yorkshire Communications, Involvement / Consultation and Equality Plan