My Future Wishes - A Guide to Advance Care Planning
This guide is a resource pack designed for patients, families and professionals to help them to have conversations about their future wishes for care and to record these in the form of an advance care plan. It will help people to have what can be quite difficult conversations in a supportive and compassionate way.
An advance care plan may include a person’s:
- Concerns e.g. for things that they don’t want to happen in future or who will care for loved ones or pets
- Important values or personal goals for care
- Future wishes
- Understanding of illness and prognosis
- Preferences for types of care or treatment that maybe helpful in future and understanding of the availability of these
- Carer emergency care plans.
Please go to: https://
The My Future Wishes – Advance Care Plan template has been designed for people to use to document their future wishes for care – including who, what and where is important to them.
The My Future Wishes Conversation Starter Pack is a booklet for people who are living with a long-term condition and who would like help to start conversations with their family and friends. The pack is divided into four topic areas: What’s important to me, Lasting powers of attorney and wills, Medical decisions and My care preferences.